Saturday, May 30, 2009

Lucky ones.

I should be sleeping, but I think I'll blog quick before I do so. I am, matter of fact, the luckiest girl alive. I may not have it all . . . money, cars, and a rolex. But who gives a f***. I have some of the best people that roam this earth as my friends. I feel this way EVERY SINGLE TIME I hang out with these people. To be honest, I don't know why I claim other people as my friends, because to be honest, these people make me feel more special and more meaningful than anyone in the world (minus my family . . . small disclaimer sorry). I mean where else can I eat mini-cakes in the middle of a bar and people think it's funny. Where else can we pass the wave from arm to arm and have it end up with two finger under someone's nose (James Conway whoop whoop!) He would have been proud. I know that each and everyone of us that I saw tonite is struggling with something different. And there are times when I feel that my problems are so insignificant and pail in comparison to those of the people I spend my fondest memories with. But I know they appreciate the struggle I am going through. And I think that's what friendship is all about. It's not about who's problems are the worst. Or who supports who the most. It's about knowing that each and every one of us is there for each individual person for their own strife. And I don't think I'd make it through the day not knowing that I have the support I do. Each one of us carries our seperate load and I think that each person I came in contact with tonite, bears a little bit of that load with us. I think back to the days when these people weren't in my life, and I hope that I can only continue to grow to be a part of what they need. I don't think I share my appreciation for them enough. I LOVE making time for this group of people. If we were on a desert island somewhere, I have no qualms that we would create a wonderful socieity of helping, nurturing, LAUGHING people. i go to sleep tonite continuing on my journey to a happier future and knowing that I truly truly am one of the lucky ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment