Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Why Hello Again.

After a hiatus due to my computer having a virus and the lack of internet at my apartment, I'm back.  With both a new computer and internet at my housing location (more on that later).  Today will hopefully be a double post.  Some of you could care less . . . Others of you (like Mike Saad) will be tremendously overjoyed that my blogging is back.  Get excited people.  My first post will be a quick update.  My second post, will be attempts at something a little more philosophical that's been going on in my life lately.

Where to begin.  The long and short of it.  Since January (until now) I had been searching for a job relatively close to my field near my hometown.  In attempts to be closer to family, future life goals, and relationships, it was just the right thing to do.  In July I was offered a full time position as the Director of a 30 bed memory care assisted living approximately an hour from my home.  After last years excursion of driving two hours one way, to and from work each day, I figured an hour would be cake.  The decision on whether I will look for a home halfway between work and home (where my family and friends are) is still up in the air.  Mostly this will be a joint decision between me and whoever the lucky fella I decide to spend my life with is.  This job is exciting, carries more responsibility, and room for growth.  It is with a company I feel values it's employees and utilizes (and has) the resources necessary to provide adequate and compassionate care to the elderly.  I am beyond excited to get started.

Therefore I have moved back home.  In with my parents.  Which has it's positives and negatives.  Lets just go with the positives for now.  Paying off bills and saving money.  There are two things in the world that worry me.  Weight and money.  The opportunity to pay off things I have wanted to pay off for sometime is thrilling.  It's like a weight lifted off my shoulders.  Many people do not know the weight or worry of not being able to pay bills and for those of you who don't, just take my word for it.  For those of you who do, you know what I'm talking about.

On July 31st, I dropped Aron off at the airport to head to Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, TX for 8 weeks of basic military training.  Our one year anniversary of the day we met was August 6th.  This has been a trying experience thus far, 3 weeks in, but slowly day by day time passes and we get closer and closer to seeing each other.  After these 8 weeks he will be in Keesler, Mississippi for 3 months of AIT training, however the contact and communication restrictions are much less.  More of this process in a later post.  However, it has none the less been a major part of my life the past couple of weeks.

My father continues to deal with multiple surgeries, doctors, and appointments, in order to get himself put back together.  He is making progress, despite his beliefs.  He has been appropriately renamed "Humpty Dumpty."

With all the change that has gone on in my life, one thing is for sure.  I continue to feel like the most blessed and luckiest girl in the whole world.  It's amazing how perspective changes most everything in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment