Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 in closing

2011.  Wow.  What a year.  (very cliche way to start off an end of the year blog, I know, but true)  If someone had told me January 1st, 2011 that this would be my life a year later, I never would have believed them.  The year started off rocky, and of course got a little rockier.  But sometimes, as many will say, you have to hit bottom before you can climb back up.

The most amazing part of this year happened in July.  On a balcony in Myrtle Beach I discovered how much abounding love God truly has for me.  My life has been forever changed by that single moment.  It has been the basis for my happiness.  Happiness that is not found in someone or something else.  The happiness that I have found is truly from within.  The peace in which I found in all my troubles have disappeared.  It's almost as if there are no more troubles in life that I can't walk through with my head held high.  With happiness and faith in God, I know Plan A is right on track, and he has amazing plans for me.  I have learned so much through my time spent reading the bible.  Phrases, meanings, verses that have continued to renew my faith day in and day out.  My explanation and lack of words to describe the transformation my soul has made since that day does not do the experience justice.  I've never in my life felt more internal happiness in my life.  My life has been filled with laughter, smiles, friendship, grace, and love.  My relationship with God has been renewed, but also with my family and some really amazing friends.

I've also had the opportunity to grow in my career.  As I embark on 2012, I will be looking to take my independent licensure exam.  I will also be looking for new career opportunities, that continue to challenge me both personally and professionally.  My career at Columbus Alzheimer's has blessed me with flexibility, insight, and lots of challenges.  

And even when things were falling into place and I was smiling from the inside, God gave me a nice layer of icing on my cake.  Aron has been a wonderful addition to my life.  He reflects all the happiness, smiles, and laughter that is so strongly at the center of who I am.  Our relationship continues to embody the balance I wish to have in my life of feeling cared about and maintaining my own independence.

This year wouldn't have been complete without Miss Natalie Edwards, leaving Charlotte and moving back to Columbus.  She continues to remain to be the other of me on some days.  She has shared many a drink, heart to heart, and gone through many life's lessons with me.   Also, Miss Kala Andrews who saw a girl in need and invited me on that fateful trip to Myrtle has continued to be a beacon of light in my life.  When I feel myself beginning to lose my light, she quickly reminds me that "Giiirrrrllllll, His plan for you is SO good."  I look forward to our continued friendship.  Though Mr. Shawn Collier has spent his year very busy, and with his wonderful girlfriend India, he continues to be a mainstay in my social calender, for laughs, and a reality check. His expanded social circle also brought light to one Miss Erin Hackett, who continues to get me into trouble, share a drink, and smell good.  While some of my friendships have grown deeper roots, and other new friendships have taken into full bloom, I know God has redeemed any amount of pain I felt in the first months of this year.

I wouldn't trade 2011 for the world.  I say again, there are no words to explain the amount of gratitude I feel to be so amazingly blessed by all of you.  I will end with a bible verse that keeps me grounded, and not taking things for granted.

Luke 8: 18 - Therefore consider carefully how you listen.  Whoever has will be given more; whoever does not have, even what they think they have will be taken from them.

May the Chapter of 2011 forever be closed.  And may my 2012 be half as blessed as I am right this very moment.  I wish all my friends peace, happiness, and gratitude in the coming year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment