Sunday, November 21, 2010

What is it about change that we inately as human's just despise.

I am very much a creature of habit. I like a schedule, I like to know how my week is going to go, I like to know the people I can depend on, and even more so, those to not expect so much out of. I don't like things that disrupt the daily flow of life. However, is it these disruptions that alleviate stagnation. I mentioned in my last post that stagnation is where I'm at in my life. But to be honest, do I really dislike stagnation all that much. Maybe I dislike stagnation because I'm not happy where I'm stagnated at. In metaphorical terms, I'm stagnated in Kansas driving through country plains, and I WANT to be stagnated in Arizona driving through the desert. So how do you disrupt your life and get to a different point of stagnation.

I enjoy life. I really do. I would like to think I'm an optimistic person. Last year I was unhappy where I was at career wise and financially. This year, I could not be more excited about my future in my career. I also am in a much better place financially. Could it be better. Of course. However, I know what it felt like last year to be behind financially.

Last year I was very happy where I was at socially and physical appearance wise. And that has drastically changed this year. Did this change because I was focusing on career and finances. Possibly. How does one manage everything? I feel as though when I attempt to manage everything, I feel overwhelmed, like there isn't enough hours in the day. Therefore I feel like I can only focus on a certain number of things for a couple months, and then go to the other couple of things for the next couple of months. This . . . is not a good system. Ever illusive balance. Is that what we are all striving for? Balance? Or is it the posession of the things we want in life (perfect career, no bills, perfect appearance, a plethora of true friends)? And once we have those things how to we maintain them?

I've done a good job of shifting focus back to career, budget, and even getting back to church. I need to take some time to focus on health and self esteem and friends. With the holidays coming up, that seems insurmountable. With limited time and mounds of food at holiday parties, I don't like to admit that this goal may have to wait. I guess I will take my victories where I can get them. Things are drastically different from where I was last year. And a lot can change in a year. CHANGE. Things have changed. Though I feel like nothing is changing and everything is staying the same, if I take a look around, things are always changing. My job, my competence, my relationships. They really are morphing every day. Therefore I've decided that I'm not stagnating, I can handle change, the situations I'm worried about will not stay the same. Focusing on how far things have changed, that certainly brightens the picture.

"If you're in a bad situation, don't worry it'll change. If you're in a good situation, don't worry it'll change." ~John A. Simone, Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment